Genealogy Discounts and Freebies
When I hear about discounts and freebies for genealogy, I mention them on at least one of these sites (links open in new windows): (1) this page; (2) my 'Judy Webster Genealogy' Facebook page; (3) 'JudyQld' on Twitter.
Take advantage of these specials while they last, and watch for other discounts and freebies to be listed here in the future. Links open in new windows.
- (NEW) If you're in the United Kingdom, AncestryDNA will cost 25% less (£59 plus tax and shipping) until 5pm EST on 27 March 2019. (Ancestry's sale in Australia and the USA was listed here until it ended on Sunday.)
- (NEW) Copies of original records of old age pension applicants are 50% cheaper if your request and payment reach me by 9am (AEST) 25 March 2019. Check the list of 9,200 pension applicants' names. If you email your request to the address on my payment page and quote 'code OAP.Mar2019', the discount price (for digital copies sent via the Internet) is just $6 for the first entry plus $2 for each additional entry.
- For a limited time, even customers without an Ancestry subscription have access to their new product, ThruLines, if your AncestryDNA results are linked to a public or private searchable family tree that is at least three or four generations deep.
- New users can get a 14 day free trial at Findmypast.
- Findmypast's FREE 'Family Tree Builder' scours the site's record collections, searching for details that match those on your tree, and then offers potential matches for you to review, accept or reject. No subscription needed - just register (free). You can keep the tree on Findmypast forever, even without a subscription. If you want to prevent it being shared or made public, use the privacy controls.
- Findmypast's FREE app for Android and iOS devices allows you to search records; add to and update your Findmypast family tree; upload photos from your smartphone; and lots more.
- Almost 1 billion original census, parish and military records from England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and the USA are always FREE to *VIEW* (not just free to search). No need for a subscription or credit card - just register (free).
- Family Group Sheet: You are welcome to download (free) the customised Family Group Sheet that I designed for my own use. It includes features that most group sheets don't have. No matter what filing system you use, I strongly advise you to write all birth, marriage and death information (and other basic details) on Family Group Sheets. Refer to them when you're doing Internet searches or visiting libraries or archives. The free Family Group Sheet is on my Downloads page.
- Register with the British Newspaper Archive and you can view three pages from any title for free. There are also personal research tools to keep your searches on track, and you can add personal 'My Notes' to items in the Saved area.
- A British Newspaper Archive subscription gives you three months for the price of two (save 31%).
- Gen-eBooks offers discounts on different books each month.
- Check this page regularly for new offers from me or from Findmypast, Ancestry, British Newspaper Archive, Family Tree DNA or AncestryDNA tests for genealogy, The Genealogist, Legacy Family Tree, NSW certificate transcriptions, LostCousins etc.
I use and recommend The Book Depository
Search this site (do NOT use apostrophes; read search results page carefully)