Genealogy Discounts and Freebies
When I hear about discounts and freebies for genealogy, I mention them on at least one of these sites: (1) this page; (2) my 'Judy Webster Genealogy' Facebook page.
Take advantage of these offers while they last, and watch for others to be listed here in the future. Links open in new windows.
- (NEW) Full New South Wales certificate transcriptions are only $18.00 until midnight 1st January 2024.
- Findmypast's '25% discount' offer ended on 27th Nov, but if you get a 12 month Findmypast subscription, you'll receive a 15% loyalty discount if you allow it to renew after a year. Alternatively, 1 month and 3 month subscriptions are available. See why I use and recommend Findmypast.
- The British Newspaper Archive has over two million newspaper pages that are FREE to search and explore. This will gradually be expanded to five million free pages.
- For many of the 70,000 names from original historical records that I've indexed, there's a new service for which a discount price is available for a trial period. This service makes it easier to check whether a document could possibly be for the person you're researching, rather than someone else with the same name. On the page for each index, under 'Research/Copying Service' or similar, the new service (if it's available for that index) will have a heading in RED font, followed by instructions on what to do next.
- Family Group Sheet: You're welcome to download (free) the customised Family Group Sheet that I designed for my own use. It includes features that most group sheets don't have. No matter what filing system you use, I strongly advise you to write all birth, marriage and death information (and other basic details) on Family Group Sheets. Refer to them when you're doing Internet searches or visiting libraries or archives. The Family Group Sheet is one of several free items on my Downloads page.
- Almost 1 billion original census, parish and military records from England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and the USA are always FREE to *VIEW* (not just free to search). No need for a subscription or credit card - just register (free).
- New users can get a 14 day free trial at Findmypast. If you're not sure whether you'll want a paid subscription, un-tick 'Auto-renew' in MyAccount after you register.
- New users can get a 2 week free trial at Ancestry. If you decide not to get a paid subscription, cancel your free trial within two weeks of the date it begins.
- Findmypast's FREE 'Family Tree Builder' scours the site's record collections, searching for details that match those on your tree, and then offers potential matches for you to review, accept or reject. No subscription needed - just register (free). You can keep the tree on Findmypast forever, even without a subscription. If you want to prevent it being shared or made public, use the privacy controls.
- Findmypast's FREE app for Android and iOS devices allows you to search records; add to and update your Findmypast family tree; upload photos from your smartphone; and lots more. New features were added in March 2023.
- Register with the British Newspaper Archive and you can view three pages from any title for free. There are also personal research tools to keep your searches on track, and you can add personal 'My Notes' to items in the Saved area.
- A British Newspaper Archive subscription gives you three months for the price of two (save 31%).
- Check this page regularly for new offers from me or from Findmypast, Ancestry, British Newspaper Archive, AncestryDNA tests for genealogy, NSW certificate transcriptions, etc.
Search this site (do NOT use apostrophes; read search results page carefully)